Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pisces Identity Crisis or Shape-shifter? Skylar Grey/Holly Brook

Before the singer, musician, and songwriter we know as Skylar Grey, she was known as Holly Brook. If you don't know who Skylar Grey is, fit yourself inside your butt-hole. But because I am such a good person, I will tell you a little bit about her. She's the one that sang the hook of Diddy's "Coming Home", Dr Dre's "I Need A Doctor" and Fort Minor's "Where'd You Go." She earned a Grammy nomination for writing Eminem and Rihanna's song "Love The Way You Lie." Skylar's Wikipedia profile is linked here.
Anyway after years of performing as Holly Brook (her birth name), she changed her stage name to Skylar Grey in 2010-2011. While I am not claiming Pisces has a lock on name change. David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust alter ego anyone? I do find it odd that she not only changed her name but her look, and sound. 
I listened to a couple of her songs when she was Holly Brook (around the same time she got famous). I am a bit biased because I kinda like her past music and image more, then her present. Random but listen to Wanted and Saturdays from her debut album, Like Blood, Like Honey. 
Present time she's marketed herself as edgy, provocative, and sexualize image. Back then she got that brooding, moody, and emo-psycho persona going for her. It seemed more real. But then again I don't know her like that.
Musicians love trying new things and experimenting. Musicians are also very Neptunian in nature and like change/progression. Progression and change are apart of life. It just seems inauthentic, desperate and fame mongering. Kinda like a Lana Del Rey (Lizzy Grant) thing. Oops there I go again judging and acting like I know her. Defending myself I do have a point in my judginess which is justified/affirmed if you check out this article here.
Looking at Skylar/Holly astrotheme chart (link here); she is SUPER mutable. She has stellium in Pisces (Sun, Venus, Mercury, and Jupiter). Pisces are known to be shape-shifters changing their identities constantly. Not only that but Pisces are known for not even having a clear identity to begin with. To her defense she was still young when she did all of this and finding herself.
Skylar/Holly has a Leo moon so she wants that recognition and attention. Leo Moons know they are the shit (even if they are not), so they will try to convince others too. Mind you David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust did had a Leo moon). Her story also reminds me of Keri Hilson and Lana Del Ray/Lizzy Grant, two mutable sun Leo moon singer-songwriters who wanted the fame/money/recognition. Maybe it's a Leo moon thing. By the way wanting fame, money, and recognition isn't wrong. We all out to whore ourselves out for change. But it always comes at a cost (such as who you truly are). 
Maybe it's a Pisces/mutable signs thing. Maybe it's a Leo moon thing. More than likely it's a just musician thing and I am reading too much into it (Plutonian problems). Either way I am still trying to figure out if she's has an identity crisis or is just a Pisces shapeshifter shifting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment