Saturday, July 14, 2018

theastrofiend let's talk: Dear Reader: Where I've Been and New Blog Content Direction.

Dear whoever reads this blog,

I haven't posted in a while. I am making some changes in my blog mostly to elevate the content.

 I don't just want to focus on pop culture and superficial content, but I also want this blog to be used as an educational and reflective tool for astrology too. When I first started writing astrology online 5 years ago I started out on HubPages. I wanted to put my astrology passion and knowledge out there while getting some coin (I was a broke college student back then). I wanted to find a medium where I can write creatively, educate, get money and communicate my love for astrology. I still want to do that.

Problem is I quickly realized that writing on hub pages I was stifled creatively and it also started to turn into a money game. All these rules took away from my writing (word count, making sure the images were not copyrighted so my content can be monetize, etc.).  This is when I started to seriously write on this blog.

In retrospect also during this time I didn't realize I was angry (I was going through a Saturn in Aquarius in the 3rd House transit during this period). I wanted a place to vent, be funny, and express my thoughts/feelings/who I am (in the context of astrology). 

Plus a lot of astrology blogs (in general) are too educational, stuffy and too PC which can honestly make it boring and unrelatable. I wanted to write fun, offbeat content that was a little bit risky and ratchet. There wasn't really anything out there that was like that (random but if you know some ratchet/funny astrology blogs please let me know).

I started this blog so I can curse, use bad grammar without giving a fuck, use whatever images I wanted, and say whatever I felt. I didn't wanted to educate, I mostly wanted to create. Writing these posts made me laugh and thinking about the most craziest things to write really allowed me to flex my creativity and gave me freedom. I felt freedom (and I still do).

Overall now I want to create a balance between ratchetness/pop culture/superficial astrology topics and subjects with ones that a bit more educational, reflective, and deep. I know my content can be seen as vulgar, crass, and ratchet. I honestly have no problem with that and it's still gonna be raw and real. I am a fucking Aries sun conjunct mercury in the 8th fucking house. Ask about me bitch. :D

Regardless my writing is much more than vulgarity, crassness, ratchetness and superficial astrology inspired topics. I am much more than that as writer and I said before I want to elevate my content.

I will be bringing in and incorporating astrolgoy pieces I've written previously on my HubPages site on here. I am proud of these hubs and I wanna show them off. So be on the look out.

Yours Truly,
the astrofiend

P.S: I wonder if I fucking get regular readers or is it just a hit and run? Well really a read and run but I really wanted to reference Paula Abdul's Straight up song. If you a regular reader let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment